Age: 49 years old
Weight: 104 pounds
Appearance: Pale, anxious, fatigued, puffiness in face and neck.
The patient presented with the following symptoms:
-discomfort in throat region
-swelling and tenderness of neck and throat
-loss of weight
-pain in upper legs
-difficuly walking and standing
Swelling and tenderness in neck. Thyroid appeared to be swollen and tender on palpation -> Referred to radiology for ultrasonography and lab for Anti-thyroid antibody test.
– Ultrasonography showed hypertrophy of right and left lobes of thyroid.
– Blood results showed anti-thyroid antibodies at 900> & ESR at 96.
Sub-Acute Lymphocytic Thyroiditis, also known as Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis.
– Before coming to me, the patient went to her primary health care physician and started allopathic treatment of Prednisolone, Ibuprofen & Thyroxine -> Mild Relief. Anti-bodies remained above 900. No significant changes in blood work.
– After 4 weeks of treatment, the patient stopped allopathic medicine and started home remedies -> No relief
– 1 week later the patient approached me for Ayurvedic treatment (Jan 16th, 2016)
– I ordered blood tests for thyro-peroxidase antibodies – (in pictures below). Level was 900>. Previous blood tests also showed raised ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate).
– Started treatment with Bauhinia Variegata, Allium Sativum, Nigella Sativa and dietary changes including anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant rich foods and spices.
(A mild laxative and digestion promoter (Operculina turpethum) was given to improve digestive health for one week before administering main treatment with the above mentioned medicinal plants & diet – This is done to ensure proper metabolism of medicine)
– Patient experienced mild relief within 3 days of starting main treatment, and continued the treatment for 1 1/2 months . Follow up blood test (February 29th, 2016) showed Anti-thyroid antibodies had reduced to <1
– Patient is currently maintaining the same diet, but has since stopped taking Bauhinia Variegata and Allium Sativum supplements. Continues with Nigella Sativa.
*The patient had a follow up on December 10th, 2016, and is symptom-free and completely off of medication and supplements. She still maintains a healthy diet and exercises frequently. She has also experienced a significantly positive change in her quality of life including higher energy levels, proper sleep and a strong appetite.
BLOOD TEST RESULTS
PICTURE BELOW – BEFORE TREATMENT
PICTURE BELOW – AFTER TREATMENT
For more information contact me at email@example.com
To schedule a consultation with me, Click Here.by Dr. Nishal R.
Copyright © 2016