Trikatu is a popular Ayurvedic formulation which has been used for several-thousand years for the purpose of breaking down metabolic waste and improvement of metabolic/digestive function. It is comprised of three ingredients:
– Long Pepper (Piper Longum)
– Black Pepper (Piper Nigrum)
– Ginger (Zingiber Officinalis)
This formulation boosts digestive function by promoting gastric emptying, peristalsis, bile secretion, enzymatic action as well as absorption due to increased bio-availability of nutrients. Trikatu is also a powerful anti-flatulent. More so, it improves cellular metabolism. Trikatu initiates the processes of apoptosis and autophagy which break down and remove cellular waste which includes amyloids (which are neuro-toxic, and found in the brains of patients with Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s Disease), and other un-metabolized substances as well as growths and tumors.
The ingredients, based on research of their key chemical constituents and clinical results, have been proven to boost the overall metabolism and drastically improve immune system function.
1) Black pepper contains both Vanadium and Chromium which enable the absorption of sugar into cells. It also contains Piperine which enhances the bio-availability of nutrients, enhances mitochondrial function, as well as induces autophagy and apoptosis in various types of cancer.
2) Ginger has displayed powerful anti-proliferative activity, suggesting that it is a rather effective chemo-protective agent. Whole ginger extract exerts significant growth inhibitory and death inductory effects in prostate cancer cells. Ginger also accelerates gastric emptying and is a potent anti-emetic. Ginger is actually the sole ingredient in Dramamine’s “Non-Drowsy Naturals”, a common over-the-counter anti-emetic for motion sickness.
3. Long pepper inhibits β-secretase, the enzyme responsible for the formation of Beta-amyloid plaques, which as I mentioned before, are found in the brains of patients with Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s Disease. Long pepper is also hepato-protective and may prevent alcohol and medication induced hepato-toxicity. The chemical constituent known as “Piperlongumine” has been proven to suppress the growth of pancreatic cancer cells and has also demonstrated anti-cancer properties in the cases of breast cancer and lung cancer.
In the case of minor infections (laryngitis, sinusitis, common cold, etc), chronic infections (HIV, EBV, etc), digestive issues (Indigestion, flatulence, vomiting) , metabolic dysfunction (Diabetes mellitus, mitochondrial diseases, etc) and tumors (Breast cancer, pancreatic cancer, and prostate cancer), this formulation is considered to be quite formidable.
NOTE: Trikatu should always be used under the guidance of an Ayurvedic doctor. Although it has no known side-effects, I do not recommend consuming this formulation without supervision, as the proper dosage can only be determined after analyzing your metabolic type, constitution and health condition.
(Always use medicinal herbs under the supervision of a doctor)
For more information contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To schedule a consultation with me, Click Here.
by Dr. Nishal R.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented at this page is for information purposes only is not intended to replace the services of a doctor or healthcare practitioner licensed in the diagnosis or treatment of illness or disease. Any application of the material in this text is at the reader’s discretion and sole responsibility. If you have a persistent medical condition or your symptoms are severe please consult a physician. Statements on this website about health conditions and remedies have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The entire contents of this website are not intended for providing specific medical advice, but rather for the purpose of disseminating information. The information provided has not been evaluated by the FDA, and neither is it intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or disorder in any way or form.
One thought on “Trikatu: A Metabolism Boosting & Immune Modulating Formulation”
Was great to read as you explained in detail and that to in simple words which are easy to understand. Thanks for sharing.